Someone you know has Tremor
Welcome to Tremor Action Network
Someone you know has Tremor
Well known people with tremor include: statesman Samuel Adams, sculptor Magnus Berg, politician Oliver Cromwell, actress Katharine Hepburn, and playwright Eugene O’Neill.
Leonardo da Vinci is well known for painting the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper, but as a scientist made an important contribution to neuroscience with his notebooks on different tremors. da Vinci noted:
- “How nerves sometimes operate by themselves without any command from other functioning or soul. This is clearly apparent for you will see paralytics and those who are shivering and benumbed by cold move their trembling parts such as their head and hands without permission of soul, the soul with all its forces can’t prevent them from trembling.”
Leonardo passed away in 1519, and though essential tremor and tremor related neurological movement disorders afflicting millions of children, adults, and next generations have been recognized for centuries, little is known about the etiology.
TAN works to inform the public, policy makers, healthcare professionals, and the media about the quality of life challenges faced by those with movement disorders. Essential tremor and tremor related neurological movement disorders cause abnormal involuntary muscle movements and contractions that affect major life activities.
Tremor Action Network provides boutique services, support and guidance to patients, family members, and caregivers through information, resources, and volunteer advocates.
TAN is Shaking the World to Find a Cure for essential tremor and tremor related neurological movement disorders in the following ways:
- Diagnosis and treatment options
- Specialist referrals
- Clinical trials and studies
- Research news and updates
- FAPE education rights and responsibilities
- ADA disability rights
- SSI and SSDI eligibility
- Life with Movement Disorders videos
- Spikes & Spasms newsletter
Tremor Action Network connects “the bench to the tremor patient” through innovative clinical trials, studies, therapeutic, diagnostic, biopharmaceutical and assistive technology products. TAN promotes research in an effort to help find the cause, treatment, and cure for essential tremor and tremor related neurological movement disorders.
Donations are welcome and are tax deductible.
You will find something new and interesting on essential tremor and tremor related neurological movement disorders
each time you visit TAN.
- Elan Louis, MD addresses “the essentials of essential tremor,” perhaps the most common movement disorder, and certainly
the most common tremor disorder.
Video feedback: “Wonderful…very encouraging! Immediately shared
video with my daughter.”